Monday, January 10, 2011

Spinach Salad w/ Cranberries & Balsamic Vinaigrette



For the salad:



spinach leaves - washed
dried cranberries
slivered almonds
stinky cheese

When I say "stinky cheese" I mean a pungent cheese like goat cheese or blue cheese.
I'm not a fan of these types of cheeses...too strong for my tastes but I'm sure they would taste lovely on this salad if its your thing.

 For the vinaigrette:

1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 T. chopped garlic
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (optional)*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup olive oil


*the brown sugar is not needed if you have a good quality balsamic vinegar.
I mix all my dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until they are well combined.
Adding more or less of an ingredient to taste.

I promise, once you make your own Balsamic Vinaigrette you will not go back to the store bought varieties if you can help it.
It's so easy to make and the taste is exceptional.


Mrs. B.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yum! I happen to like stinky cheese. :)