Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Mom's Apple Crisp

So my mom is a really good cook...the only problem is, she doesn't use recipes and I need a recipe to cook...so I have implored my mom to write out a recipe here and there that I am just desperate to have...

Her Apple Crisp is divine...so here is her recipe and a couple pics of when I made it! It is a great treat!


"Apple Crisp ala my own made up Recipe"

Peel lots of apples and slice (put in cold salt water so they don't turn brown- 1 tbsp salt to 2 quarts water) This means enough apples to cover the bottom of your pan (9 X 13) at least 1 1/2 inches thick. 10-12 big ones maybe

In a medium sized bowl combine:

1 1/2 cup flour (I use rice flour but whatever)
1 1/2 - 2 cups of quick oats
1 1/2 cup brown sugar. I use dark brown.
1 stick salted butter melted
Mix together to a crumbly

Photobucket

Drain apples and cover bottom of pan and put 1 Tbsp Cinnamon on top
Add 1/4 cup of apple cider or leftover juice of any kind in the fridge
Sprinkle the juice of one lemon over the top. You may use 2-3 Tbsp of Cider Vinegar (Organic) instead of lemon.

crumble the topping over the apples and add another good sprinkle of cinnamon over the top/
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees (preheated)

Photobucket

Serve with Vanilla bean or Cinnamon Ice Cream

Thanks Mom!

No comments: