Thursday, July 29, 2010

Garlic


Is the secret ingredient for this week. We are starting easy here, but garlic is an often used but overlooked ingredient. It is an essential minor part of lots of cuisines, but is also a wonderful ingredient on its own. I don't often use it as a main ingredient, but I have two recipes that really bring out the unique features of this herb. One I have already shared, the other will be linked to this post.

Garlic has many amazingly beneficial properties, amongst these are manganese, Vitamin C, Selenium, Vitamin B6 and on top of all that garlic also acts as a natural Anti-Inflammatory and an antibacterial and antiviral agent. Makes smelling a little garlicky a lot more attractive right??

So, here is what I would like you to do. In a separate post, write out a recipe featuring or just containing garlic. Link up this original post for easy tracking and label it Recipe Roulette. I will post the secret ingredient on thursdays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know, I know what recipe I'm going to post for this. Now...to find the time! ;)

Jamie Willow said...

I can't think of any recipe's...I don't use garlic hardly enough I guess...but someday!!!