Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cake recipe.. sharing one and in need of one..

So, Nova's birthday is coming up and I am expecting somewhere between 40 and 50 people. I have decided to make three cakes:

1. Traditional Danish birthday cake - will share my recipe below

2. Red Velvet cupcakes - In desperate need of a good Red velvet recipe

3. A Lightning McQueen cake - as he is having a Car's themed birthday, I hate themes, but my sister started it and I don't see any other way now.. I also need a good recipe for the inside of this cake

so anyone feel like sharing their favorite Red Velvet recipe and base cake recipe..In return ill share the Danish version of a birthday cake..

Danish Layer Cake

First you need to prepare the layers, you need:
8 eggs
8 tbsp sugar
8 tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder

Separate the eggs and whip the egg whites until they form peaks. Whip the egg yolks with sugar until creamy. Add the whipped egg whites and the flour and baking powder gently to the egg yolks. Bake the mixture in a springform on 350' for 40-45 minutes. Take it out turn it upside down and leave to cool. Slice the cake in 3 slices.

Now for the filling:
there is really artistic freedom when you make this layer cake I will share our favorite:

1 small pack of pudding
Whipping cream ( some people mush up raspberrys through a sieve and add to the whipped cream to make it pink.
Vanilla essence
Bananas (change for any fruit you like)
Pineapple
Chocolate chips
Marzipan or almond paste

Prepare the pudding as per package, whip the cream with a little vanilla essence and a dash of sugar, cut the banana in slices and the pineapple. Roll the Marzipan into a sheet to cover the first layer.

We usually do this configuration:

Bottom layer:
Marzipan
Pudding
Banana's

Middle layer:

Pudding
Chocolate chips
Pineapple

Top layer:
Whipped cream
Choc chips and bananas

Velbekomme!

Stephanie


Nova's first birthday cake - I kept it simple..


Wanted to show you the inside of it..


A cake I made for my sister last year..

No comments: