This cake has probably shown up at cookouts long before I was born, so I apologize if everyone already has the recipe tucked away somewhere. The cake is new to me though and I think it's the perfect summer cake.
Package of white cake mix (2 layer style)
4 oz. package of Jello Gelatin- I think Strawberry is the best
1 cup of boiling water
1/2 cup of cold water
4 oz. Jello Vanilla Pudding Mix
Tub of Cool Whip (thawed)
1. Make cake mix as directed, in a 13 x 9 pan. Let cake cool, completely.
2. Mix the gelatin package with boiling water until dissolved. Pour in cold water.
3. Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake- I usually poke every half inch. Pour the gelatin mixture all over the cake.
4. Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.
5. Prepare the Vanilla Pudding mix as directed and mix it into the entire tub of cool whip. Frost the cake with the mixture.
Make sure to serve the cake chilled. Sliced fruit also makes a great topping!